Google
 

10/14/2007

Weekend Wrapup

Oh boy. We Southern Californians just needed to prove that we really can't drive in the rain, didn't we? We had a storm last Friday and of course drivers didn't slow down when there's rain. They like to lose control of their cars and go WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. They are not sure of the cause of the accident yet, but apparently there's a huge pileup in a tunnel under the 5 freeway, which is a major artery between the northern part of LA county and Los Angeles. Twenty-nine cars were engulfed in flames and it caused both directions of the entire freeway to be shut down. They are still shut down at this time. The Governator just declared state of emergency. Unfortunately, I had to drive on it this weekend. I needed to go down to Orange County (yes, the O.C.) to visit some friends and family. On Saturday, it took me an hour just to use the detour and go around the closed part of the freeway. It just wasn't a very pleasant experience for me, who has a road rage problem. Anyway I am just glad that I am back home safely now.

Today I went to South Coast Plaza with a friend to buy a present for a guy she's been dating for a couple months. The guy is moving to the east coast, and she isn't sure what's going to happen. She really likes him and from what she told me, I can tell that he really likes her, too. I am not sure if I was being a nosy bitch when I told her that long distance relationships would never work. She did ask for my opinion. Not that I don't have enough faith in humans... but I think he will meet many people over there and might find someone he really likes. The same can happen to her as well. Plus, it takes a lot of efforts (money, time, etc.) just to see each other perhaps once every two months. She seemed to understand and agree with what I said. She said if they are meant to be, then they will end up together no matter what happens. What do you guys think? Do you think long distance relationships can ever work?

Remember the guy Guy B that I talked about in The Boyfriend post? Well, something happened between us almost two years ago and we stopped talking since then. He just IMed me tonight and talked to me about it. He admitted that he wanted to cut me out of his life two years ago, but he realized how silly that was, and he wanted to start hanging out with me again. Even though it wasn't very comfortable remembering what happened and talking about it, I am glad that we finally talked and were able to put it behind us. He told me what's happened to him in the past 2 years and I could not stop thinking if our issue had anything to do with it. He is all better now but I wish I could have been there for him during his rough times. Right now I just want to go hide in the corner and cry. I am going to try to hang out with him soon and catch up. I have a feeling that I am going to be talking about him on this blog quite a lot in the future. The name Guy B is not personal enough and just doesn't fit him. From now on, he will be referred to on this blog as JT.

A lot happened this weekend and I am still in the process of digesting them.
It was not a typical weekend that I normally have. I am looking forward to an eventless week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just be careful with JT and proceed with caution. Wouldn't want to see you get hurt. I had a similar situation with a guy from my past who didn't let me know why he abandoned me & just walked away...left no explanations. That was over 2 years ago and now a few months ago he tried to explain why he just stopped talking to me but I didn't feel comfortable trying to go down that road and repair the friendship. There was a lot of pain from the past and I just couldn't put myself in that situation again. If you can be friends with JT and everything goes good then I am glad, its something that will take alot of dedication and time...gosh I sound like Debbie Downer!! That wasn't my intention!
On a brighter note...Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to more details about JT.

Yes, I think long distance can work. I did it for two years (we were 5 hours away by airplane) and it worked and she ended up moving to my town. All depends on how much each person wants it. I do not agree with people that make a blanket statement that long distance relationships do not work.