Google
 

10/01/2007

Mind My Own Business?

I don't know what's wrong with me. Maybe I am a control freak. I feel like giving advice to people who don't ask for them. I don't mind my own business. When I see somebody doing something stupid (stupid in my opinion), I feel like talking to them and telling them what to do. I don't do this in person out of fear that I might get punched in the face (I know I am a chicken). I only think about it in my head. On the Internet, it is another story. I can remain anonymous if I want and I have more freedom expressing my opinions without worrying that someone might want to kill me for it.

I've been reading this blog for a while. This blog may or may not be on the list of blogs listed on the right side of this blog. I just want to point that out in case some of us think I am referring to one of the blogs listed here. So recently, the blogger mentioned something about having sex with a friend, and that he only did it for the sex. He does not actually "love" the guy. I can understand that being young and just starting to experience the gay culture can sometimes be overwhelming and confusing. I don't necessarily approve of having sex with your friends... because... THEY ARE YOUR FRIENDS. You don't have sex with your friends! What surprised me more was the comments posted by other people were somewhat encouraging. "Sex doesn't have to mean anything.", "Congratulations, you are experiencing new things in your life." ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Is this what we teach kids these days? NOT ONE of the comments mentioned something such as to practice safe sex (maybe you think that's a given, but you never know!), to respect other people's wishes and feelings instead of getting what only you want. To me, it is fine having sex with complete strangers (or even your friends if they want) SAFELY while both or all of you involved understand that there is nothing more and there will be nothing more. That's what all of you want. Fine. If somebody likes you but you don't like them, and you choose to have sex with them anyway knowing that they expect more, you are taking advantage of them! THIS IS WRONG!

Now, the boy cleared said that he didn't know the other guy was expecting more after sex. I can't blame him. He made an honest mistake, although he should still have respected the other guy enough to make sure what sex would mean to the other boy before doing anything with him. But what about all those comments written by people who KNEW that the other guy did expect more and still encouraged it. Is there something wrong with me or with the rest of the world? I hope something is wrong with the rest of the world, but it looks like I am singled out.

I was once in a situation that "the other guy" is in right now, so maybe why I am so pissed. I am sorry that I am getting so worked up by this, and that you have to read through it. If you are going to post a comment and you think you know who I am talking about, I would appreciate if you don't mention any names (of people or blog).

Someone please teach me how to mind my own business. I think my life would be a lot happier.

6 comments:

R said...

your blog is pretty funny.

Christian said...

Thanks R. This blog entry is me being serious. :-)

Anonymous said...

unfortunately, guys tend to think with the wrong head alot of times. I see where you were going with this. People should consider someone else's feelings before getting their jollies just for the fun of it. I guess this is one of the reasons the "gay" lifestyle has such a negative stereotype. Well thats my ramblings about it!

Troystopher said...

I can see your point and I dont think you are alone in thinking that!

Anonymous said...

hmm...I wonder who you were writing about...If it is who I think it is people his age and in his situation do it all the time. Not my thing either, but it isn't going to stop.

Anonymous said...

後宮後宮後宮後宮後宮後宮後宮後宮後宮後宮