Google
 

10/07/2007

Gay Days Disneyland - Part 2

We took the tram back to Disneyland and caught half of the parade. There were A LOT of people wearing red standing along the parade route watching it, and by proportion, there were more hot guys among them as well. It is very healthy for the eyes to watch cute guys, perhaps better than Vitamin B. I put on my sunglasses so I could stare at them without them finding out.

We had previously gotten fast passes to Big Thunder Mountain, and it's just about the right time to go back after the parade. We cut in front of a lot of people. I would say at least 300. It felt good to cut in line without guilt. Big Thunder Mountain is fun but people have died on this ride before, so I was holding on pretty tight so my head wouldn't get cut off. The ride was fun though.

After the ride, we went back to Indiana Jones, hoping that they'd reopened the ride, and they had! Of course us bitches whipped out our fast passes that we got in the morning and were still good since the ride broke down, and we cut in front of a long line on the outside of the "tomb-like" building. We still had to wait for a while though once we got in the building. They used to have a "secret bamboo" hidden in there that you can pull, and the ceiling for that part of the pathway would lower with spikes sticking out. It appeared that they had taken that away. I think they figured gays were not very good with long, sharp objects, but they were wrong!

After the Indy ride, we were all feeling tired. It was about 5 something at this time. We got out of the park and went to Rain Forest Cafe in Downtown Disney. Seriously, the whole city of Anaheim was so crowded with gays that there was a 1.5 hour wait for a table here. Fortunately, the hostess said that if we were ok with sitting at the patio, there would be no wait. Being impatient gays like we are, we opted for the patio. It was my second time eating at Rain Forest Cafe, and I must say that it wasn't pleasant the first time. I was a little surprised at my food yesterday because it turned out to be a lot better than I expected. Our waitress was nice, and she kept calling us sweathearts. She seemed to be in her late 30's, so she's not that old! Come on! I am the youngest in our group and I am 25! I had to bust out laughing at our dining table when she called us that.

After dinner, we chose not to go back to the park. It was getting chilly. It would have been nice to stay and watch the fireworks, but I've seen the show before, and I was just too tired to stay for another couple of hours. Watching cute guys all day can be tiring, you know?

Overall, I would say that my first Gay Days experience is pretty positive. Grandparents with strollers can be deadly, but I survived. I did not expect to see so many of us show up there. I saw several gay couples holding hands in Disneyland, and many playing around, hugging and patting each other, and sometimes even kissing. I also saw two dads with two kids, all wearing red, taking a picture in front of the castle. Very sweet indeed! It's like gay people were coexisting with the the rest of the world. It was a little strange for me only because I am not used to seeing that, but it's certainly nice and makes my heart all warm and tingly. Not to mention that there were so many cute guys there. I think we are definitely going back next year.

I did not see or hear of any hostility toward gays in the park yesterday. In fact, some people not wearing red smiled at us. No, they were not like me who's gay and not wearing red. They were moms and dads of families. However I wonder if there was one single person there that saw all the gay people and were cursing us all behind our backs. There had to be at least one, right? If so, I hope that they wore red. It would have been funny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a blast! I had alot of fun with my friends last night at Universal Studios. I didn't wear a red shirt but I did wear the one I have that reads "This shirt is written in homosexual...Can you read it?" I got several compliments and a guy that worked at the mummy ride even told me he could read it LOL.

Troystopher said...

I am glad you had a fun time! :0)

Anonymous said...

I thought that you would try to get with Mickey. I am glad you showed some restraint.