Google
 

10/11/2007

Some Thoughts...

Public Announcement: The Christian's BS game is still going on two posts below. Click HERE to jump directly to it.

What a title... "Some Thoughts..." Sorry I can't think of a better title for this post. Some things have been bothering me lately, and I figure it's probably healthier to spit them out here to share with my dear blog readers.

As you are aware, I am not a native English speaker. I've been thinking about how to make this sentence grammatically correct. Would you say...

They have a cute butt.

or

They have cute butts.

After discussing with a few people, we came to the conclusion that the second one sounds better. Since the subject is They, which refers to more than one person, we need to use the plural word butts. However, which one of the following sentences is correct?

The couple there has a cute butt. The couple there have a cute butt. The couple there has cute butts. The couple there have cute butts.

Since the subject now is the couple, which refers to two people collectively as an entity, would you use the verb has then?

This is a little confusing. Not many of the native English-speaking people can answer me. What's your take on this?

Another thing that's been bothering me lately, is that I am trying to decide which one is more embarrassing.

1. You use the bathroom at work and stink it up. As you are getting out of the stall, your boss walks in and smells your unpleasant scent.

2. You walk into the bathroom and immediately smells some unpleasant scent. You make a loud comment "Ewwww... it stinks" and see your boss walking out of the stall.

I am sorry that this is disgusting, but literally it's been troubling me for weeks. I need to know which one people think is more embarrassing.

4 comments:

Troystopher said...

I would say number one is more embarrassing...

I love how honest you are about the things you think about!

W said...

Hahaha!

Anonymous said...

I would say #2 is the most embarrassing situation. I could live with the boss smelling my stink but not making fun of his.
Your thoughts of the grammar remind me of many headaches in school. The English language is one of the most confusing there is with all its rules. English grammar was not one of my favorite subjects.
BTW...I enjoyed reading this post :)

Christian said...

I love you Troy, W, and Paul. You don't think any less of me because of this post.