Google
 

10/05/2007

Cheese & Wine

Ok boys and girls, I am about to whine like a bitch. Hold the cheese. I just want wine.

Rant #1: Why can't I watch Ugly Betty on ABC's website? I was able to do so for the entire second season, but when I tried to watch it now, it's saying that only U.S. viewers can view the full episodes. Uh... the last time I checked, I think California is still a part of the U.S., isn't it? Unless Arnold wants to become president so bad that he is declaring independence. In case you are wondering why I just don't watch it when it comes on... well... Instead of watching Ugly Betty, I was drooling over Pretty Erik on Survivor: China. Isn't he adorable? I hope he wins.
(pictures courtesy of CBS)

Rant #2: I am going to Disneyland tomorrow with The Boyfriend, but I still don't know what I will wear. Well, I know what I will be wearing underneath, but not on the outside. Should I try to find the leather daddy outfit in my closet, or the pink Power Ranger one? This is frustrating...

Rant #3: Why do we waste our tax money on CHP officers so they can camp on freeways and give out tickets to people who choose not to wear seat belts? If they don't want to wear seat belts, let them! It's their personal choice. It's not affecting any bit of my life at all! Just because someone might want to commit suicide by jumping off a tall building, it doesn't mean we need to pay a bunch Dunkin Donuts (or Krispy Kream) VIPs to stay on the roofs of all the tall buildings. Just because someone might want to starve themselves to death, it doesn't mean we need to have the police knock on everyone's door to make sure we are all eating. Respect other people's personal choices! It's a free country!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

People that do not wear seat belts cost us money in higher insurance rates and taxes to cover those that are not insured.

Seat belt violations also give cops a reason to stop someone they suspect is out of place or is doing someting odd but does not rise to a legal reason to make a stop. Cops cannot stop you without a reason (either reasonable suspicion or probable cause).

Anonymous said...

Your ISP probably picked up a new block of IP addresses from a location that may have at one time been outside the USA. The DNS entries may be messed up causing ABC's site to think you are not where you really are at. I work for an ISP and I have seen it a few times so its totally possible. At least it may be worth calling them and having them look into it. Hope you have a blast at Disney! I would have loved to go epecially being "gay days" but my Universal trip had been planned for months, I'm still gonna have a good time and there's always next year! Have a great time with the boyfriend!