Google
 

9/18/2007

Interracial Dating

Have you dated someone who's not the same race as you? It's fairly uncommon to see people who are not Asian in Taiwan, except in big cities like Taipei. There is a group of Taiwanese guys who like and probably only date Caucasian men. Since Caucasian men are a scarcity in Taiwan, they are very popular (the fit, good-looking ones at least). It's a tough competition! Caucasian men are perceived as sexy, romantic, hung, and good in bed. Perhaps due to the fact that Caucasian men are "worshiped" in a way by a group of people in Taiwan, they are also perceived as playful and "just in it for the sex." I can't say that none of the Asians who seek after Caucasian males are looking for true love, either. Many of them are curious (about the bodies from foreign lands) and are just in it for the sex as well. I am just talking about what I think here. There are no statistics that I can use to back up my theories.

Here in the U.S., there are many races and ethnicities. It makes interracial dating much more common, in both the heterosexual and LGBT communities. I myself have not dated any Taiwanese boys, or any Asian even. I've only dated three guys in my life and none of them were Asian. They are all of different races as well. I cannot say that I don't like "my own people." I do think that a lot of Taiwanese boys and Asian men in general are attractive, but i
t just so happened that I didn't get to meet them! I see a lot of straight couples with a white man and an Asian woman. It seems like Asian women are appealing to a lot of white men. I don't think it's the same for Asian guys, though. I watched two YouTube videos over at Breaking Barriers (click here to watch them), and they were about Asian guys liking Caucasian men and getting turned down because Asian guys are "at the bottom of the sexual hierarchy" (i.e. sexually unattractive). I don't know how old the videos were and again, and I don't have statistics to back me up, but I just don't see many straight couples with a white woman and an Asian man, not to mention gay couples with an Asian and someone else of a different race. Why????? Are Asian men really unattractive to people of other races? I NEED TO KNOW!

6 comments:

Jon said...

That video is like 17 years ago at least.
The music is pretty much not political correct and srpead the orientalism.

Jon said...

opps, spread

Bruce said...

It's an individual preference. I personally like Latin, Asian, Caucasian and African in that order and I'm Caucasian. I think part of the issue with Asians, at least in the gay community, is the false belief that Asians have small penises. Just like in all races, this is an individual trait but it seems to be more believed in the Asian race for whatever reason. Anyway, great thought provoking post.

Christian said...

Thanks Jon & Bruce for your comments!

Unknown said...

I'm hispanic/latina/chicana (whatever I identify as depends on my mood or whatever box I'm given to check off) but I get mistaken for white all the time, and I've always liked Asian guys. So to answer your question, I'd have to say no, it's not that Asian men aren't unattractive to those of other races, but in my experience it's been the case that you guys are harder to approach.

Christian said...

Lost In Zephyrs: First, you need to enable your profile. Second, Asian boys are shy. Just give them time. :)