Google
 

9/24/2007

Happy Chinese Moon Festival!

From About.com:

The Chinese Moon Festival is on the 15th of the 8th lunar month. It's also known as the Mid-autumn Festival. Chinese culture is deeply imbedded in traditional festivals. Just like Christmas and Thanksgiving in the West, the Moon Festival is one of the most important traditional events for the Chinese.

This year, the holiday is 9/25. I remember when I was little, we would get together with uncles and aunts and their kids during this Chinese holiday. The kids would light fireworks and make BBQ. It is a more family-oriented traditional holiday, but we do get the day off. The youngsters don't really care about what it means, as long as they don't go to school. To me, it's really not a big deal any more. I don't get this day off in the U.S., and I don't enjoy playing with fireworks, so the only way I am going to celebrate it is to observe the full moon and enjoy the serenity and tranquility that this sight brings....












4 comments:

Jon said...

Depsite observating the moon, I think looking at cute boys' butts is more fun!

And 15th day of the 8th months means butt in Hong Kong as slang!

I have nothing for this year, I am not even eating any moon cake!

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival (aka. Moon festival)

Christian said...

Thanks Jon. Same to you. Did you do anything fun?

Jon said...

Well, I am kind of bored now.
Thanks for being my nice reader!

I wish to chat with you some time!

Anonymous said...

I want the first or last guy. Yum.