Google
 

3/08/2008

Fun Night

I am down in Orange County for the weekend. I promised to take a friend out for her birthday. Even though a group of us friends celebrates our birthdays, she and I always take each other out separately for our birthdays. We celebrated her birthday back in January, but I haven't been able to see her since then, hence the late dinner tonight. So anyway, I took her out to a fairly nice Japanese restaurant. I wasn't very hungry so I just ordered a salmon skin hand roll and a spider roll (no, they didn't put spiders in it). She ordered a dinner combination plate with beef teriyaki and saba misoyaki, and she ordered a salmon skin hand roll as well because I recommended it to her. Gosh she has a figure of an elf but she eats like an ogre.

After dinner, she felt like seeing a movie called The Other Boleyn Girl. I admitted I never heard of it. I thought the movie was called The Other Bowling Girl at first. Anyway, we went to three movie theaters. We missed the movie by 20 minutes at the first theater and the next one wasn't until 2 hours later. I then drove us to two other movie theaters nearby but neither of them were showing it. I guess I sort of lucked out because the movie didn't sound very interesting to me the way she described it. I did just look it up now and the trailer looked okay. Eric Bana is in it though, and I think he's absolutely HOT, and if I am to see the movie, he would be the only reason.

Since we couldn't see any movie, I suggested that we just go to a boba place and hang out. Of course we went to our favorite boba place near UCI. She wanted to play scrabble there, so we did. (Must obey a birthday girl's wishes). She, being an Asian American born and raised on American corn and potato, was much better at the game than I was. She was leading all the way utill the end, when she put out a free I, and I happened to have Q and Z which were both worth 10 points, and an U. I landed on 2x letter cell and 3x word cell and crushed her with the addition of 96 points. She thought I got lucky and of course she didn't want to play any more (LOL). I told her I would frame the score card.

Good times! I really need to come down to the O.C. more often since most of my friends are down here. I don't like driving down here because of the gas price ($3.60 and rising in my area) and the traffic. I guess I do have to make some sacrifices sometimes. I hope you all are having a great weekend as well!

With much love,
Christian

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Bowling Girl? That's really funny.

I like that you're very detailed in your posts.

I've been having a great weekend as well!

Jon said...

well, it's fleshlight.
www.fleshlight.com

you can get me one if you like LOL