Google
 

4/18/2008

Woohoo!

Today I had the biggest gains in the stock market since I began investing about a year ago. Thanks to GOOG:


No, I don't have thousands of shares, not even hundreds, not even 20... I wish I had bought more at $438 a months ago though. I know that a lot of people made thousands of thousands today on GOOG, and some lost that much. I guess I shouldn't complain about my tiny earnings because I least I didn't short that stock. Ka ching! Here comes my gambling money for Vegas!

Last week my coworkers and I proposed to our boss that we could work 9-hour days Monday through Thursday and get every other Friday off. Today our proposal was sort of shut down. It would have been nice to get a 3-day weekend every other weekend. Fridays are usually so quiet for us, and we get most of our work done Monday through Thursday, so it really doesn't affect the company that much, but it would benefit us a lot. Oh well...

2 comments:

Hamilton said...

I had the same plan~~~~. I am glad to see small investors playing around. I am trying to do that but having a hard time saving up.

The rich people at my gym said that they wished that they could have invested much more aggressively when they were younger. Now I just wanted to ask them where did you get the money to invest aggressive if at all.

I still need my cfa >_<

Anonymous said...

Glad that the market went well for you. If you ever decide to bring that idea back to your boss again, show them him/her how it will benefit the company - make it revolve around them and minimize how it will impact you. They will surley go for it!