Google
 

11/17/2007

Hey Ya

Hey ya, this is the spirit of Christian speaking I am still alive. Recently I've been kind of busy with catching up some TV shows and researching on stocks. Those are called priorities. The stock market has been crazy lately and I just want to make sure that I am doing the right thing.

So for the past few weeks, I've been finishing up several projects at work while only using up only half the time estimated. One of the people at the office (management-level) said to me that I was lucky, implying that I was able to finish up projects and take on more for the company, because the projects I worked on were easy. I shrugged it off and smiled while thinking in my head "yeah sure, ask your other employees why they weren't as lucky as me." It hurt my feelings that my dedications and efforts put into my work can't be appreciated. I could have just finished up the projects while just sitting around and doing nothing at work, and I would still be able to finish them up on time. Instead, I finished them early and took on more projects (more money for the company), and that's the encouraging words and compliments I got from a manager. Don't get me wrong. I still like my job and I like what I am doing. It's just frustrating sometimes when my hard work is not recognized.

Then there is this other project I've been working on since the beginning of this year. The customer took their sweet time to answer my questions and to fix some data issues on their end. Now all of a sudden, because they need to put my work into production in 2008, they are rushing me to do everything. Yesterday (Friday) I had to stay at work late because they asked for something in the morning that normally takes 2 days to complete, but they wanted it right away. They even asked me to come to work on the weekend. Oh please! It's not fair that they took forever to get me the answers I needed throughout the year, and now they are expecting me to rush everything for them. So my life evolves around them and I am just supposed to drop whatever else I am doing and go work on their project?

Sorry that you have to listen to me complaining. So yesterday after the ordeal, I decided to stop by the grocery store and bought a bottle of Merlot and drank 3/4 of it last night. I am going to finish it tonight. Seriously, whoever thinks that electricity or light bulbs are the greatest discovery in human history should consider changing it to alcohol. Oh I sure sound like an AA member for someone who's never been drunk.

Lately I've been watching Dexter. It's a great show. The main character, Dexter, works for the Miami PD as a blood spatter analyst during the day, and at night, he goes out and kills some bad guys that eludes the authorities. He's like a super hero with a hidden identity, except that he likes to cut the bad guys open and behead them. Quite a freaky and compelling show, I tell ya. I also bought Celine Dion's new album yesterday: Taking Chances. It's a great CD. I really want to go see her in Vegas before she packs up all the cash in her hundreds of Louis Vuitton suitcases and leaves for good.

No comments: