Google
 

9/27/2008

TGIW!

Thank god it's weekend! I am loving my new iPhone so far. One of the Apps that I have called WhosHere allows me to see who around me (geographically) also has this App, and I can also filter by interests (men seeking men, women seeking men, etc.). You can see what they are looking for, their picture, and approximately how many miles they are away from you. It is interesting that nobody sent me a message at first when I didn't put up any profile picture. As a social experiment (I promise!), I put up a headless shirtless picture recently, and now I get messages much more often. What can I say? Men are pigs...

Lately I've been having trouble sleeping through the whole night.... like... RIGHT NOW! I woke up half an hour ago (5:15 AM) on a freaking Saturday morning when I should be sleeping in. I somehow got a drug called Ambien on the street (ha ha) and took it once a couple weeks ago. Boy it was really fun. I woke up about an hour after I went to bed, and I hallucinated. I could see unidentified objects flying in the air and the window was glowing, sort of like an X-Files episode. The ceiling fan looked like a huge spider. The funny thing is, I KNEW I was hallucinating. I knew the objects flying in the air shouldn't have been there. I knew it spider-looking object was really the ceiling fan. But for some reason, that's just how they looked at that time. The Boyfriend told me I was just dreaming so I went to bed. The next day, I just had to find out what's wrong, and I Googled "Ambien hallucination", and surely I saw a bunch of sites talking about hallicination being a side effect of Ambien that happens rarely. Oh wow I feel so special to be one of the people that this rarely happens to. Needless to say, I stopped taking it. Then a friend recommended Tylenol Simply Sleep, which is non addictive. I think it's working. I just didn't want to take it last night because I was out drinking and didn't want to mix any medicine with alcohol. And now here I am typing this at 5-something in the morning. :-(

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your weekend was great! Ambien is some wicked stuff, stay far away from it. I took one and it really knocked me on my ass. I was pretty much out for 2 days.

There are plenty of good sleeping meds out there. However, if Tylenol Sleep is working for you then stick with that.

dit said...

glad you like your Iphone. I love mine. I will have to check that app.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble sleeping. Never easy, I had a time where I was waking up at 3 am. Made for very long days. As you know, the rest of the world does not always adjust to your schedule.

Crazy side effects, eh?

Christian said...

dit: Give me your phone number so I can Loopt you! :-)