Google
 

8/03/2008

Happy Sunday

Good morning! First I'd like to apologize to my three readers that I haven't updated this blog for so long. I was busy and lazy. I haven't had time read any blogs, either. Work is the same for me... just too much work to do and too little time to do it. Our company recently hired a masseuse to come over every other week to give us massages. To me, that's a great perk. The massage I had last week was excellent and much needed. I just wish it was a guy and longer (the massage session, not a particular human reproductive organ). Anyone who wants to apply to be an intern, see qualifications here.

So I hurt my big toe a week ago. The Boyfriend was trying to "get me" and was chasing me in the house. I ran into the door. My toe began swelling right away and I could not walk. I thought I might have broken it. That night I had to hop around the house. Of course, being mentally 5 years old, The Boyfriend started making fun of me and called me a kangaroo. A couple hours later, he hurt his toe, too, while getting out of shower. What can I say? Karma is a bitch!

I went to see a doctor the next day and got an X-ray. Good news, it wasn't broken. The doctor told me to go see Dr. Advil and a few days later, the inflammation was gone. Magical Dr. Advil! I think I am addicted to him now. Now I can karate kick The Boyfriend with no problem.

Yesterday The Boyfriend and I went to Walmart to get a few things. He got a canned air, and I guess there is a requirement that you would have to be 18 to buy it? I am not sure... Anyway, the cashier (an old woman in her 60's) asked him how old he was. Since he likes to flirt with grandmas, he didn't answer and instead asked her how old she thought he was. (By the way, he's in late 20's.) The grandma said "uh... I don't know... you look young... maybe 17?"

I immediately pointed to the eye clinic/glasses department, which was next to us, and said to her, word by word, "I think you need to have your eyes checked over there." It sounded funny at first but then I realized it might have been a little rude. She gave me this weird look when I said it. I am sorry, but I am just an obnoxious Asian who only became obnoxious after hanging out with too many Gringos. They rubbed off on me. I couldn't help it!!

You had no idea how big The Boyfriend's head (the upper division of the human body that contains the brain, chief sense organs, and the mouth, NOT the tip of a certain human reproductive organ) was that afternoon. I had to keep reminding him that just because an old woman with blurred vision thought he looked 17, it doesn't mean the rest of the world thinks so, too.

2 comments:

Quentin X said...

Cute.

Anonymous said...

Great post. Love that Karma part! :)

I never heard of carding for Compressed (canned) Air. Perhaps if he was buying a C02 cartridge, but stil it's just freakin air.

The checkout story was funny but I think you were right about the rude part.