Google
 

12/16/2007

Ho Ho Ho

Last night I went to our company Christmas dinner. They had some very good appetizers, fried calamari, crab stuffed mushrooms, etc. For my entree, I ordered the filet mignon and lobster, and it was hmm hmm good. It's amazing how in this country people spend so much money. The cost of that entree alone is enough to sponsor my child in Thailand for two months!! It made me feel very fortunate that I don't live in the poorer part of the world. Other than the entree, the drinks, appetizer, and desserts were all very good at this place. The view was amazing because the restaurant is sitting on top of a hill. I got to meet some of our clients and coworkers' spouses. It was a very nice night overall. Most importantly, I slept so good last night (probably because of the alcohol). It's been a while that I got to see any sunlight when I woke up since I've been waking up around 5 AM lately. For some reason I just can't sleep well enough.

Lesson learned: get full on alcohol before going to bed.

This week will also our gift exchange week at work. I can't wait to open the presents that I am about to get. It would really make me wet put a smile on my face to get something like:


The presents I got for other people in the office are great and I am sure they will love them. I spent a lot of time finding them in the past few weeks. My boss even hung our bonus checks on our Christmas tree. I guess in America, money DOES grow on trees. Land of opportunities, hallelujah! I hope these start to grow on trees, too:

Merry Christmas to everyone!

5 comments:

Jeremy Ryan said...

Merry Christmas to you too!

Anonymous said...

My boss/company is el cheap-o. We don't get bonuses, In fact I just got a 8% increase in my health care premiums while I'll probably only see a 3% "cost of living" raise so in other words...I'm in the hole come the first of the year on my paychecks. Its ok though...time to move to Long Beach soon :)

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah BTW....My Xmas party was at the Holiday Inn here in Bako. Was actually ok especially since my man was there with me :) Merry Christmas Christian!

Christian said...

Dear Jeremy and Paul,

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

sluuuurp