Google
 

12/17/2007

Another Christmas Party

Sunday night I went to another Christmas party in downtown L.A. I am NOT a party goer but it just so happened that two Christmas parties were scheduled on the same weekend. This party was thrown by a gay couple that The Boyfriend and I both know. They are going away for Christmas and decided to invite their good friends (yup! I am a good friend) over and have dinner. The Boyfriend and I were the first ones there, and we witnessed some drama. Our friend had already set up plates and some food in the lounge area of their apartment complex. It's not necessary to reserve the lounge. Needless to say, nothing goes as planned. As we just arrived, we saw three girls in the lounge with our friend. They were sitting in the sofa telling him that they were going to use the lounge for the night, even though my friend got there first and set up most of the stuff already. My friend said we could all share, but they insisted that they needed the whole place to themselves. Bitches! No wonder we don't like girls.

So, as resourceful gays, we improvised. We walked to another building at their complex. It's more of a study area/Internet cafe place, but there's still a kitchen and a bar area. We settled for it. Gradually more and more people showed up. There were 10 of us in total including the host. Our friend cooked the entire feast, and it was soooo good. I've known him for a few years and I knew that he knows how to make pizzas and bake cakes, etc. I had NO idea that he could cook so well. I am talking about catering quality. He made appetizers like boiled eggs with shrimp and caviar, fish dipped in honey mustard sauce. The main dishes include baked ham, homemade Swedish meat balls, salmon, etc. I was very impressed and so was my tummy!

I also got to meet their other "good friends." They were all very nice. There were four couples there, 2 gay (The Boyfriend and I, and the host couple), and two straight. The other two guys are single and HOT. I was the anti-social one. It just takes gallons of alcohol a little time for me to open up. What's funny was that I realized on the way home that all the couples were white and Asian. What's up with that?!?! I guess some white people DO have good tastes (and mind controlling drugs)!

3 comments:

Bruce said...

Mind controlling drugs...is that what it's going to take for me to get a hot asian BF???

Christopher said...

The Gays always know how to work it out!

Anonymous said...

i think i would have sat down and refused to leave the lounge. yeah, i wouldve.