Google
 

2/18/2008

Happy President's Day!

Happy President's Day! The only thing worth celebrating about this holiday is that it's a work holiday. My neck has been killing me in the past week. I think it's due to a combination of doing push-ups without warming up and sleeping wrong. This happens to me pretty frequently, but usually it goes away in a few days. This time, I've had it for over a week, and it's not getting much better. My neck gets stiff especially during the night, and even the slightest movement can trigger some pain and wake me up. I think I am going to see a doctor tomorrow. Should I go see a regular doctor or go to a chiropractor?

So with my neck hurting and lack of sleep, I have been feeling exhausted. This morning, waking up to my neighbor's love making did me in. Their bed made loud squeaky noises, and it constantly banged on the wall. I guess this is what happens when you are married with kids and don't have any time alone with your lover... at least they could have offered me to watch or something so I could fall back to sleep more quickly.

I saw a 22" LCD monitor on sale at Staples yesterday and almost pulled the trigger. I am still using an old bulky Dell CRT monitor that takes up half of the room on my desk. I didn't buy the monitor because my CRT still works and I would feel bad to just retire it. I am also trying to separate my wants from needs and save some money. Can you believe anyone alive today still uses a CRT though? Gosh I feel so outdated.

The shoestring of my right work shoe broke a few days ago. I decided to go to Macy's just now to get a new one. It turned out that they didn't sell any shoestrings, so I got a new pair of shoes instead. This pair is a slip-on made by Stacy Adams. No more shoestrings for me as I am tired of tying my shoes. It was regularly $75 and I got it for $48.

I also got a Perry Ellis corduroy jacket regularly $200 marked down to $58, and an INC sweater regularly $60 marked down to $12.50.


Damn sometimes I just admire myself for being such a good bargain hunter. These clothes also look good together. Now I need to find a party in town tonight to go to.

So much for separating my wants from needs though...

2 comments:

Christopher said...

Wow...22"...that's big!

Love the outfit, but where's the pic with you wearing it...work the camera betch!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you got some great buys! Hope your doing well.