Google
 

2/13/2008

Gay Movies

Recently I saw two gay-themed movies:


The first movie is called Prom Queen. It's based on a true event about a Canadian high school kid, Marc Hall, who wants to go to his prom with his boyfriend. His request is denied by the school board. Some people (friends, media, lawyer) hear about this and offer their help and support. In the end, they take the case all the way up to the Supreme Court. It's a cute movie and at the same time very inspiring. The actor that plays Marc is Aaron Ashmore and he's great in this movie.

Aaron is also playing Jimmy Olsen on the TV show Smallville. And feel free to laugh at me all you want, but I've always thought he's also Bobby Drake (a.k.a. Ice Man) in the X-Men movie series:


Boy was I wrong! Ice Man is actually played by Aaron's twin brother Shawn Ashmore. This was a surprise for me but a nice one, because I began having some fantasies involving both of them. Maybe they should punish me for getting them confused. :-P

The second movie is Naked Boys Singing.

I first thought it's a musical (with a storyline, music, etc.), but it's actually just a show with a bunch of boys singing various song. There is not a main storyline, so it's a little strange. However, the singing isn't bad, and the show is certainly entertaining (the boys are VERY naked). If you are into that sort of things (I mean artistic display of human forms and well-composed and performed melodies), then you should definitely watch this movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved "Not another gay movie" A friend of mine said there is a sequel coming out. Can't wait to see if its as funny as the original.

W said...

I've seen Prom Queen, it's cute.

Try 200 American( the men are gorgeous), or Boy Culture or FAQs.
All fine movies.