Google
 

11/28/2008

Shopped -> Dropped

I must say that the Black Friday deals this year don't seem as good as last year. However I did go shop and got all (well, almost) of my Christmas shopping done. I just need to get some more stocking stuffers here and there. Overall, I think I did well and I am very proud of myself. Ha ha.

My philosophy for gift shopping is that if I am spending money to be nice to a family member or a friend, I need to be nicer to myself. So, this was how it went:

One gift for John
One gift for me...
One gift for Jane
One gift for me...
One gift for Joe
One gift for me...

LOL. I just came home, took out all the stuff I bought today, and then realized that the things I bought for myself are things I wouldn't normally buy anyway. I would go up and look at them and then just walk away. I guess the holiday spirit and the other shoppers around you do put you in the money-spending mood. I have to return some of the things I bought for sure...

One highlight during my shopping trip today was that somebody thought I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch when I was in there deciding what to get for myself my friends. She walked up to me and asked if there were any special deals going on. I was floored. I've been up since early morning. I was wearing glasses and my shirt was all wrinkled. My face was oily and I probably smelt bad, too. She must be blind... Should I be happy because she thought I looked good like the other A&F workers, or should I be sad that I looked brainless?

2 comments:

Hamilton said...

it is probably the style of the shirt you are wearing. I got asked everytime, and sometimes I would just tell them where the stuff is LOL.

dit said...

Be happy. I am sure you looked great!