Google
 

1/26/2008

Cloverfield

Today The Boyfriend and I sneaked between two major storms and use the few hours we had to watch the movie Cloverfield. I must say that I did get a little dizzy watching the movie since it was shot entirely with hand held cameras. Not too much though. The story is very simple overall. A bunch of friends were at a party in New York while someone or something mysteriously attacked New York. They basically were using the camera to document the attack. Using hand held cameras added so much more tension and realism to the movie. If you want to try something different, I highly recommend you see it. I do have one criticism though: **** SPOILER ALERT **** DO NOT CONTINUE IF YOU PLAN TO SEE THE MOVIE ****

**** SPOILER BEGINS (Highlight text below to read it) ****

I felt the ending was a little weak. Of course, what happened to the characters would have prevented the movie to continue, but they could have showed that the U.S. military saved us all and the characters were to find out what attacked us and why. The movie ended abruptly and left me hanging. Overall the movie's still good though.

**** SPOILER ENDS ****

1 comment:

joe*to*hell said...

i just posted how i got ill from the camera work....but i still dont know how it ended beause i walked out!